Sunday 12 September 2010

Day 50 in Japan - Nesting

We started today by cleaning, washing and eventually rearranging most of our house. We reshuffled the whole lounge room to try to make the cable between the wall and the phone as short as possible (all to try to make our internet a little more reliable, which seems to have worked - no faster, but now more stable). Our lounge room is also much more liveable now.

The rearranging made it more obvious that we really need somewhere to sit, so when we headed to a homewares store called Nitori to pick up some sheets and towels, we got ourselves a little floor chair as well. It folds up and has a solid back - we can lean back into a chair in house for the first time! WOO!

On the way home from our homewares expedition, we stopped in to Saizeriya - the cheap Italian place where we got ourselves some delicious pizza, salad and DRINK BAR! We also ran into some kind of Sunday crazy-people-wearing-costumes-to-entertain-kids thing at My Cal Akashi, which seems to be our regular Sunday activity at the moment.

I think they wanted us to plant seeds?
The best view in Akashi.
After that late lunch, we headed home, watched the end of Doctor Who Season 4, and then got to some science work. I started reviewing a paper, which was supposed to be a short job. Unfortunately, I found some fairly significant problems with their work, and the review took quite a while, so I never got around to writing my own paper like I was supposed to. I ended up staying up quite late getting my science on - I bet I'll regret that in the morning...

Food Highlight of the Day: Snickers bar. Seriously, a taste of home was almost a shock to the system. All of the chocolates and sweets seem to be a lot sweeter over here, so having some chocolate that seemed "normal" felt a little odd and great.

No comments: