Thursday 9 September 2010

Day 47 in Japan - Two Rights and a Wrong

Today's post brought you to you by the letter dot point.

- Shimizu Day! Always a tough day.
- 2 good classes, one bad one, and the bad one was REALLY bad. I now have a group of kids that I want to wait for in the carpark and beat up after school. Yay? Oh well, the rude and horrible kids in my bad class really highlight how lucky I am with the rest of my classes. I just have to keep telling myself that.
- One teacher didn't show up today - had a replacement teacher for that class. I got a compliment from the replacement teacher - he said that I was a natural teacher, and it made my day completely (that was before the crappy class).
- busy with speeches and lesson plans in afternoon - ended up leaving an hour and a bit late. AGAIN.
- kids playing on my way home - both at Shimizu, where little girls were playing on the monkey bars. Then again in Okubo near my house, where there were a park full of kids playing soccer near a "No playing soccer" sign. I wanted a photo of that, but as soon as they saw me, they wanted to pose for photos, and totally abandoned their soccer game.




- went for exploratory jog and should have taken camera - found lots of cool looking thingd. jog was through Okubo Matsukage and the cooler weather today made such a big difference in how far and how fast I could manage to go.

Food Highlight of the Day: Today's feature food is the delicious vermicelli noodle mayonnaise "salad" that they put into bento here. It's cooked very thin rice noodle mixed with a little bit of vegetable of some kind (not very much), and a LOT of the delicious eggy Japanese mayonnaise. And they call it a salad. A salad *chuckle* (that is a Gimli joke).

No comments: