Tuesday 21 September 2010

Day 59 in Japan - Half Day! (Half Asleep)

Today was a half day, because the students had a half day to practice marching, walking onto the field and lining up for tomorrow's Sports Day. It was cool and exciting but I wandered back into the air-conditioned office after about an hour - I didn't have a hat or sunscreen, and I figure I will get sunburnt enough tomorrow. Also, one of the teachers told me he thought that I was silly for being outside when I didn't have to be. So I only had three lessons today - BLISS!

It was also the first time I have been bored in school - I have been kept busy with a constant stream of lesosn planning, marking, proof-reading, test-making and talking up until today. But I actually had about 1.5 hours where I just had nothing to do. No, that's a lie. I really should have planned some lessons so that I could have a bit more breathing room, but the lessons seem too far away to bother planning yet. Will regret that one later.

Today was a very boring day. Look at this photo of our McDonald's toys instead. TAIKO DRUM!
(I know I shouldn't have favourites, but my favourite is Taiko Mozart on the right.)
Food Highlight of the Day: Fried chicken with peach(?) sauce. Just like lemon chicken-style chicken with a slightly sweet sauce. I THINK it was peach, because we have seen signs for momo karaage around, and I think that's what we ate, but it was all kanji, so I don't know.

No comments: